Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Easton: 11 Months


I can't believe my baby will be ONE next month! Easton is now a very skilled clapper and waver. And still a happy, silly, playful boy who loves his mom, dad, and dog.


Oh, and in addition to clapping and waiving, he can also give kisses. 



His favorite cupboard to empty is the DVDs. I used to have them neatly organized, but after I have to pick them up several times throughout the day, that systems over. But I let him do it because he thinks its fun, no matter how many times he's done it. Sometimes it gets really crazy when he ends up standing on the cases and then having to slide into the splits. 


The biggest change this month has been all of the new solid foods he's eating. We give him little pieces of a lot of what we eat--shredded chicken, sweet potato fries, bananas, graham crackers. 


Don't judge us, but in desperate times (diaper changes, 20 hour road trips) we've let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney Junior and he really enjoys it. I mean, it captures his attention and stops the crying, so we've implemented that tool but tried to keep it as a back up only when necessary. But I may have burned the 2 theme songs onto a DVD for our drive from OK to UT.


He's also started to say "dada" and knows who it is, he just won't say it when referring to Blaine. 


And he's almost walking! He'll hold our hand and walk all over, or circle the perimeter of a room, or even push the rolling computer chair around the kitchen and use it as a walker. 



And lastly, as you may have noticed, Easton got a big boy haircut with the clippers (against his mother's wishes), which aged him 3 years. Still so handsome, but I'm not ready for him to be that old yet... or look that old. 



In other news, however, May 2015 was a rough month for the Baker family. We were all sick on our trip to Utah, and then when we got home, sweet baby Easton got REALLY sick. It was heartbreaking to hold him and just watch him suffer. And trying to snuggle him tight when he had the shivers was the saddest thing! But he's much better now.






No comments:

Post a Comment