Thursday, November 5, 2015

Philadelphia Trip, Part 2

We picked this weekend so we could go to the Temple-Notre Dame game, but we also wanted to be sure to see Aaron's play as well, so we were able to see 2 of his games



This one was in the afternoon so Easton was able to come but he couldn't stand just watching on the sidelines. It was a different set up than usual so he actually really could just walk onto the field and                              grab a ball. Fortunately for me, my mom chased him while I sat down.

^ And of course, I had my hair done a couple times by Alivia ^



^ This one was at his night game. 
I'm trying to make Austin's face, but I just can't be a closed mouth smiler ^


Easton was LOVING being able to play with Aaron's equipment and play football with the boys








Aaron's team practices on Temple's practice field on campus, so we were able to watch through the weight room windows and wait for him and then play afterwards.






Easton's a smart boy. He liked tutoring Austin.

And since the game was on Halloween, we just had a quick appearance by Batman and Mary Poppins


^Guess what just happened?^ :)
^ Team snuggle?? ^
 ^ This was the lawn just 3 days prior to Gameday ^

We went to College Football Live on Friday, but it was during Easton's nap time. 
Please excuse the pacifier in all the pictures. He was a trooper.




Desmond Howard, Samantha Ponder, & David Pollack
^ Should I make my hair like hers? I kind of think so ^









Kirk Herbstreit and Rece Davis





It was filmed at Independence Mall where the Liberty Bell is, and thats Independence Hall in the background where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution was signed



I still hadn't had a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich yet, and Gameday's instagram posted about these two famous ones right across the street from one another- Pat's and Geno's, so me, Austin, and Dad went to check it out. Baby boy's been craving meat lately


^I want to eat one right now...^
My dad went over really early since he had to be in charge and represent Temple, but I opted to sleep in and go over at 7:30 instead of 5:30... I was worried about myself since this is totally my thing, but I figured it was ok since I'm growing a baby and would have a full, long day 
Temple did an excellent job of facilitating a good turn out and support. 
They had about 20 school buses taking students to and from the set, as well as to and from the game. I didn't have to drive around in a busy city I was unfamiliar with, 
and then fight traffic and pay $50 to park


There was a booth set up to get your picture taken with for free, so we did that before it started, but we were obviously tired... and large... some of us more than others. I apologized to the rest of them ;)

We had VIP passes, just not AS VIP as others I guess ^^^
Des ^^
And going through my pictures, it looks like Alivia must've taken these beauties 
since there's not one of her



Aaron had to go do his pre-game stuff, so the rest of us bounced around a little and caught the show from a couple different angles... and got some hot chocolate










And then just like that, everything was taken down pretty quickly
^ Tom Rinaldi ^ 
^^Ahh, this was my dream job. For real. But then I met Blaine the first day of sophomore year, got married a year later, and changed my major to a more family friendly field so I could stay home with my babies. But maybe I'll do it when they're grown up ;)
Can't tell what that is? Well I was in a moving school bus. 
Lincoln Financial Field where the Eagles play. It was packed!

Haha I love Austin's look in this picture. They were making fun of the pregnancy pose, 
but you HAVE to do it so people know you're pregnant and not just oddly shaped

There's the owl. I was right there. I took that snapchat. And yet, Austin, Aaron, and the back of my Dad's head made it onto College GameDay's instagram and twitter... Luckies.

Looks like Austin's face is saying, "I will protect this owl with my life. Touch it and die."


Austin and Aaron stayed on the field with my dad, and Aaron sent us this snap
Liv and I didn't want to stand the whole game, 
so we sat in some padded, backed seats in the club level...

and then moved to the box at halftime...
and then onto the field for the final couple minutes.
 I had to get ready to rush it without being trampled ;)

Easton stayed home with my mom and they watched it on TV in their cherry & white get up
You know its an exciting ending when they bring out the gates and line them with security and police

If I would've gone to the game early with my dad, I could've gotten a championship trophy picture :(
 I wonder if that Dr.Pepper guy from the commercials was there ;)
It was a heartbreaking loss. Look at those cute boys flanking their papa!

Sweet Easty couldn't stay awake to see the end, 
so we found him asleep on the couch when we got home.
So he got some more snuggles in before we left the next day
It was a hard travel day, especially since he's so active and I have no lap to sit on, but we made it
And Blaine had a surprise waiting! Easton loves anything that moves and always wants to ride the bikes at the store, so Blaine bought him his own and pushed him around the house while Easton made the vroom, vroom noise.
My surprise was a halloween bucket of Dove milk and dark chocolates, Reeses, and Midnight Milky Ways... he knows me so well ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment