Thursday, September 12, 2013

White Coat Ceremony

So check out this timeline: Blaine flies from California to Oklahoma on Thursday night. I fly from CA to OKC Friday morning. 2 days later, I started teaching, Blaine had his second day of school, and Blaine's dad flew into town. BUSY!!





Blaine's dad, Dave, came for Blaine's White Coat Ceremony was the next day at a Methodist church downtown. The ceremony is like an initiation into the health profession. The students had the formal processional to the inspirational instrumental music, then they walked across the stage and got "cloaked" with their white coat by a member of the faculty, and then once all the students had their white coats on, they all read the hippocratic oath.

We had a nice, long wait before it started, so we were sending pictures to Blaine's sister Erin. I told Dave to make his signature coffin face for this one, and of course, this is the time he chooses to smile in a picture.






Dave and I just happened to be sitting next to the family of the person right before Blaine. So they called that other guy's name and his whole family next to us goes crazy and starts standing and cheering and yelling. Thats when Dave leaned over to me and said, "Please don't do that." ;)












Blaine and his friend Ollie - an Oklahoma native and fellow hunter

Blaine and Beau - he's in our ward and has a cute little girl named Elena!


Blaine and John - he's in our stake, but not our ward. They were carpool buddies over the summer

After the ceremony, we went to Rib Crib since it was Tuesday. And as we all know, that means all you can eat ribs and sides. Blaine and Dave got the ribs, but I got a nice juicy man burger! (I got the BBQ chicken salad last time)


Unfortunately we didn't get to do too many fun, touristy things with Dave since it was such a short trip and such a busy time. But hey, I'd love to have a couple of days to myself to swim, work out, and sleep in. Before we took him to the airport, however, we stopped in Bricktown and went to eat to Fuzzy's -- our favorite mexican place downtown. And it just so happened to be our anniversary celebration as well. Like I said, that was an EXTREMELY busy couple of weeks, so about a week later, we went to Wendy's (yes, drive thru fast food) and saw the movie The Butler. Happy Anniversary to us.

I think that means next year we'll have to make up for that with a big celebration trip of some sort. And our next anniversary that would also be 5 years, which is a benchmark for our age group.


No comments:

Post a Comment