I'm sad that I haven't taken weekly pictures and stayed up to date on every detail of my pregnancy. But I've been sick and busy and traveling. Hopefully I can get better. I've only taken one "pregnancy picture" at 8 weeks, but at that point, only our families knew. It's not the best picture and who knows how much of that is fat I already had and how much is a little extra "sticking out" tummy excitement, but there it is.
The day I turned 6 weeks I was instantly so sick. I threw up most mornings - sometimes before I left the house, sometimes in a plastic bag in the car, sometimes on the side of the freeway. It didn't end there, though. Most days I just felt sick all day long and it would never let up. I was especially susceptible to motion sickness.
Eating was a catch 22 because all food sounded bad and the thought, smell, and look of it made me nauseous, but if I didn't eat, then of course I would be sick anyways. That all lasted for weeks. The transition from 1st trimester into 2nd trimester has been much better... so far, anyway. I do feel sick off and on a lot still, but the throwing up has been less consistent.
Some days I would turn off the lights, lock the door, and take a nap on my desk during my prep period. I was late to work a lot, but luckily my first period is pom practice which offers some flexibility. Thats why I told the pom girls first, so they knew I wasn't just lazy and uncommitted. The next week, one of my 7th grade basketball girls came up to me at practice with a basketball stuffed up her jersey and said, "Look, I'm pregnant!" so I said, "Cool, me too," and stuck out my stomach. So she said, "Really?! I knew it. I knew it, guys!" Apparently she could tell that I was getting bigger...
I pretty much have no appetite whatsoever. Food does not sound good, and the food that does sound good usually doesn't taste good by the time I make it. Or, I'll buy all the ingredients and can't wait to make it, but then by the time I get home from the grocery store, I'm sure I will never want to eat that ever again. Food goes to waste here, pretty much. Because we are both SO busy and I cannot stand to cook now, we have eaten out a lot. Mostly at Cheesecake Factory and Outback. Not very good budget savers, but those are what my baby likes :) (Can't think of something to get me for my birthday next week? There ya go)
Milk and steak have been my absolute favorites. I used to love cheeseburgers until I had my first ever experience with indigestion. My homemade staple has been a fried egg with cheese and avocado on a bagel thin. I have one a day.
Things that I used to like but now hate include BBQ anything, broccoli, peppers... I just asked Blaine what else I'm forgetting and his loving, parental answer was "pretty much anything that is good for you and the baby." He gets annoying when I don't want to eat anything because I feel sick but he keeps pushing me. He's a good dad already though. My mom said she's glad he does that :)
When we slept over in Denver on our drive back to Oklahoma after New Years, we had driven in the car all day and I really hadn't eaten much. So fine, you want me to eat something? Go get me a nice juicy steak from Outback. So after I ate my delicious steak, the sweet potato (which I usually love) and broccoli did not sound good. I ate a piece of broccoli and couldn't stand it. But Blaine tried to make me eat more, so after playfully debating back and forth for a while, I let him put some in my mouth and then proceeded to throw up within 5 seconds later. There went a $15 dinner down the drain.
Other than food, nothing else to report. I try to get a lot of sleep- 9 hours is ideal. I enjoy frequent bath/showers (laying down in the shower and plugging the drain). And I want a massage. All the time. More than usual. My parents gave me a back massager that you sit in for Christmas, so I've used that a couple of times so far. Oh, and I'm also slow and now have decreased reflexes. I've noticed these traits as I've played with Jake. Is that a normal? Maybe I'm just extra tired and thats how it manifests itself.
But this is what I've wanted and waited for and am happy to experience all of this.
Oh, and lastly, I started wearing maternity jeans last week and LOVE them :)
Pictures to come soon.

I love the update! It's fun to to hear about different pregnancies! Maternity jeans do feel like pajamas! I may never go back.
ReplyDelete