Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday, Jake!

September 23rd was a special day because it was Jake's first birthday!

Because birthdays are a big deal in my family, and he is part of our family and I love him, 
I threw him a fun little birthday party at our house this evening. 


Plus, I saw this on Pinterest one time and it has never left me:
So I always feel like I need to make sure he has a good life. 
(Don't get me started, you've heard my stories before)

Jake LOVES people, but he really only likes ONE other dog: Roxy. She is our neighbor across the street who took him out on walks when Easton was born. Her family has been so nice and helpful and we're so grateful to have them as our friends. So they helped us celebrate and came to his party.
They even brought him 2 presents which they let him open by himself, 
which was a gift in and of itself :)
So we chatted and ate cookies on the patio for about an hour and a half 
while Jake and Roxy played in the yard. Indeed, a good time had by all!




I decorated the house and patio with red crate paper (for the Sooners), tied up some balloons, baked a delicious homemade cake for Jake and Roxy, and some cookies for us and Roxy's "parents."
The doggy cake had wheat flour, peanut butter, honey, and bananas in it--and I added a layer of peanut butter on top for the frosting. They gobbled it all up and it was fun to watch the peanut butter get stuck to their mouths. 




Alivia made him some adorable leg warmers, but as he does with all things he's excited about, he ripped them up. But it was such a sweet and special birthday gift. Each one spells out his name.
You can learn how to make your own on her blog






We had a little photo shoot with confetti and the balloons. He even tried to chase after one of the balloons as it floated away into the sky. I'm sure he didn't understand it was his birthday, 
but I do know he had a great evening!
















He loves wrestling with Blaine, sitting on my lap while enjoying a back massage, and licking Easton's feet. Oh, and have I ever mentioned that he LOVES hunting tennis balls?
For (lots) more pictures of sweet Jake Bake growing up this past year, 
go back to my national dog day post


Jake is the only dog I've ever had, so I know I haven't done lots of things right. But we have enjoyed having him in our family this year. His mischievous, playful, rambunctious, friendly, loving personality always keeps us laughing. He is a loyal companion and I'm excited to watch him share that same bond with Easton (and hopefully more kids later). 


Happy Birthday, Jakey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment