Sunday, December 14, 2014

Easton: 5 Months

I can't even believe my baby boy is already 5 months. Looking back on his pictures from just a month ago, he's already changed so much. On the 12th (his actual 5th month birthDAY), Blaine and I went on our first post-baby date and left him with our friend. It was hard to not be with my little constant companion, but I'm glad we did it. 
Here are some new things we've noticed about him over the past couple of weeks.


He has found his feet! Whenever I change his diaper or whenever he lays in his swing, he'll hold onto his little feet and it's so cute. 

His hands, though, are ALWAYS in his mouth. ALWAYS one, sometimes both simultaneously. I absolutely cringe when people touch or kiss his hands. Somehow, I worry less when Jake does it. And his hands automatically hold onto his ears as a relaxing, comforting position before he sleeps or while he eats.



He tries to grab everything! At Thanksgiving dinner, he tried to grab my food and burned his hand a little bit (not seriously, just hotter than he's probably felt before and it caught him off guard). If it's near him, it's going in his mouth. He doesn't really hold on to toys too well (or at least too consistently), but he definitely reaches for them--especially the ones that make noise and hang above him.



He still rolls to his left to sleep and lays on his tummy (or face) but I don't have to wake up and roll him back over anymore. No, he hasn't decided to roll tummy to back again, he just wants to stay on his tummy all night. 



He's also using his voice much more. He's always been a talker, but he's recently discovered his ability to shriek at high pitches (probably to communicate with Jake). He also forces out bursts of yelling to send you a message--like "pick me up" or "you know I don't want to be in my carseat after dark."



He wants to sit up so bad, but he's just not quite there yet. There's a lot of weight to support.


He is still very good and easy to put down for naps on his own, but night time is usually a little different. His bedtime varies, and more often than not, we cuddle while I feed him and he falls asleep in our bed--everyone loves their parents' bed. My siblings and I still prefer to go lay in my mom and dad's bed when we can. (Blaine and I actually HATE our bed these days, but thats another story)

And just yesterday he made the switch to forward facing in the stroller. The past few days he's been fussy when we go on our walks with him laying down in his carseat locked into the stroller facing me. So I've been (safely) turning him around so he's using the carseat upside down and looking out and he's liked that so much more. So I finally took out the carseat and strapped him in to the actual stroller like a big boy. Jake is increasingly aware of him on walks now that they are on eye level and look at each other as we walk. Jake has also displayed more protective behavior around Easton, which I love.


He is such a happy boy and we love him so much. He FaceTime's his extended family a lot, so it will be interesting to see if that makes a difference when he goes to visit them over the holidays. 




No comments:

Post a Comment