Friday, January 31, 2014

17 Weeks!!

On Sunday I will be 17 weeks! (Which you'd think is 4 months, but then you think 40 weeks equals 10 months, but anyways...) The only pants I wear are maternity jeans but I still wear my normal skirts, just keep them riding low. I was lucky enough to get maternity hand-me-downs from 2 of my aunts before I moved, so I have lots of options to choose from for free - plus, they're nice stuff!

Still haven't thrown up in a while, but food is still "eh." I hate liquid foods, I hate BBQ, I hate broccoli, and I've even lost my sweet tooth. But I LOVE milk.  And eggs. And steak. And I know my mother in law reads my blog, because look what she sent me for my birthday ;)


Here are some updates in pictures since it's been a while:

JAKE: We have soft places to sleep, but he likes the hard floors. And this is is signature sleeping position - he like's to air himself out ;)

He is the sweetest, even though he's getting rowdy. He loves Blaine.

See what I mean? He loves biting my clothes and my hands, but he loves just being around Blaine. Sometimes Blaine could use a break.






We take him out to the dog park in our complex and it makes me so sad. When he gets around other dogs I feel like he is my shy, home-body baby that just stays by my side and wants to go home. We're trying to get him more comfortable with interacting with other dogs.


They lady I visit teach called last weekend and asked Blaine to get some guys and help move this refrigerator, so that was funny to watch. The "3 Bs" tried to use their scientific knowledge and muscles (and youtube) to figure it out. 



A couple weeks ago Blaine and I each had the 24 hour flu on the same day. I woke up and threw up once at home, once on the way to school, then once in between 1st and 2nd period, and then once during 2nd hour. After that, I went to the office and was like, "I gotta go. I'm throwing up every hour." So I left and threw up twice on the way home. Once was on the freeway out in the country, but the other time was when I was on the big interchange of I-40, I-235, and I-35 and I had to pull off onto the shoulder on the overpass. 

So as usual, I pull over, open the passenger door, and crouch down. After I got done throwing up, I stand up and turn around and there was a man standing there. He was a sweet little cowboy with an Okie accent. He handed me a (sealed) water bottle and, full of concern, asked me, "Ma'am, are you alright?" I told him I was pregnant so he didn't think I was just a crazy drunk or something, and he asked me how far along I was and how much further I had to go. After I answered him he told me to call my husband so he knew where I was and then stayed in his truck until I pulled back into traffic. 

I felt so sick and miserable and your eyes tear up anyways when you throw up, but after that I just cried because I thought that was so sweet of a stranger to pull over and check on me. So 2 days later when I got back to school, I told that story to my students because we celebrate service acts of kindness. I keep the water bottle on my desk as a reminder for all of us. It was fun telling them the story though. When I told them that I turned around and a man was there, some kids asked "Did he try to jump you?!" and others gasped and said, "Was he an angel?!" :) This is a bad picture, but this is where it was.


This past week I turned 25 - yep, a quarter century. Not the most thrilling birthday I've ever had, but it was a busy Wednesday and we're trying to crack down on our budgeting skills a little more. But it was still good. My family celebrates your birth-week, essentially, rather than just a day. Its a big deal to have a day to celebrate you, so I always capitalize on it. Blaine didn't grow up with the same affinity for birthdays, but he's learned in our almost 5 years of marriage. This year my birthday was mainly about services and relaxation. My parents gave me a top quality down comforter for our bed, my in laws gave me gift cards to my favorite restaurants, and Blainey gave me 4 Groupons: 2 massages, 1 mani-pedi, and 1 for my hair and highlights. I've used 1 massage and my mani-pedi. I also treated myself to the fancy U-shaped body pillow for pregnant women. Blaine really enjoys it... and so does Jake :)

My students were especially sweet. A couple of them brought me little gifts and my 7th period class split up the responsibilities and we had a party - one girl baked the chocolate on chocolate cake, one person brought the OU plates, one person brought the drinks, etc. 



And the basketball girls cut up their own confetti and threw it at me when I walked into the gym - AND cleaned it up ;) This is the snapchat that the other coach sent me of the aftermath. Thats confetti in my hair, and some of the basketball kids guessed I was turning 30 or 32... so there ya go


And last Sunday we stopped by Blaine's school to pick up his project and he gave me a little tour. He's so handsome ;)

 his locker

 his work station



There was a lot of WEIRD paintings in there...

But also lots of Native American art



Lots of random tidbits, but thats the update for now.





2 comments:

  1. umm you didn't mention my gift once… :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alayna, I love reading your blog!!!! I love seeing Jake grow up and can't wait to see your baby growing up. It is so fun to hear about you and Blaine. I teared up when you told about the man pulling over to check on you. How sweet was that?? I love seeing how much your students LOVE you!!!! I knew they would because you are so lovable. I know that you are a fabulous teacher and coach. I'm so proud of you sweetie!!!! I love you to pieces!!! AND, I'm glad you haven't thrown up lately. My friend Tracy, she is an RN and she always says that women who throw up a lot during pregnancy have a viable, healthy pregnancy!!!! Keep those posts & pics coming!!!!
    Have a great week sweetie and stay warm!!!! I love you gobs!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete