Thursday, October 23, 2014

Easton's First Trip to Florida, Part 2


The purpose of our trip was to be with my sister Abbie before she left on her 18-month proselytizing mission for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
We only got 2 days with her and my parents before they left for Utah to drop Abbie off at the Missionary Training Center. She'll stay there for 2 weeks and then fly to her assigned mission in Nampa, Idaho. (She wasn't initially thrilled with the less-than-exotic location, but people need the gospel everywhere)



On Sunday, Abbie spoke in church along with my parents and all three of them did a phenomenal job. Plus my mom played the piano which is my favorite. Music has always been the strongest medium for the Spirit for me. 





After church my dad fell asleep holding Easton, but then he heard me take a picture so it turned into a joke and eventually ended with all 4 boys and only one of them was truly asleep. 
Isn't Easton a great actor?! :)


 And of course we had to try the pumpkin picture while everyone was there. 
Check out my cool braid. Alivia did it. She loves hair styling and is better at it than I am.


So then it was just me and the rest of the kids, which was special too.


My mom bought a pack n' play for Easton, but in place of his bouncer, I used this chair :) So cute.


See that blanket he's using? Its "blankie car." My mom made each of us a blanket when we were babies and this was Aaron's. It was always his favorite and lets just say... its not in storage yet. :) So he shared it with Easty while he was there. They were so cute. 


Aaron compared it to Toy Story, how the toys wanted to be played with and needed. Such is the case with blankie car--getting a new life with baby Easton. One time E spit up a little and I wiped it with a corner of blankie car and Aaron was like, "Oh! Oh! Well I guess its ok. This is "Blankie's Story."  :)
I swear, whoever marries my brothers will be so lucky. And I washed blankie car before I left.
And Alivia and I made Easton his own special blanket while I was there-- "blankie whale."
 (I'll have to show it off later)


Having us gone was hard on Blaine. We would FaceTime everyday.



We went for walks, carved a fun-kin, played basketball, went to Moe's, and Twistee Treat twice!








Alivia decided to join the basketball team at school this year so she's been practing a lot. I even wrote her a practice regiment. I wish I could be her junior high basketball coach :)
Easton was a good sport and hung out in the stroller and watched us.



One day we were outside playing right as the 2 cute boys pulled up in the Jeep after football practice, so they played with us. Me and my sisters tell Liv that she's so lucky to have 2 handsome, athletic big brothers. That means she gets to hang out with handsome athletic boys and will probably end up marrying one of her big brothers' friends. Especially when she gets to high school and is a cheerleader while Aaron is on the football team! Ow ow! :)










Oh, the special bond of the 2 left-handers.








Sadly, we had to leave. It's never enough time together. Ever. Its not fair. But we're glad we were able to go and especially to make some more fun memories with Abbie since we won't see her for a year and a half. (We'll talk more about her mission later)


On the trip home, someone had a blow out in their outfit... everywhere. 
And somehow, someone else forgot to pack a spare outfit in the diaper bag.
Consequently, one of us flew home naked, wrapped in blankets.
(Picture above is on the first flight. Picture below is boarding the second)


It's a blurry picture but it is so sweet. Look at those 2 smiles, so excited to be reunited.


We flew back on a Friday and later that night my family had a scare when my brother Aaron (QB) got carted off the field and taken to the hospital in an ambulance. He is fine, but it was surely scary. Austin made the game saving play that night. My brothers have had quite a rough year, but they're strong and blessed to have each other. 


(I didn't ask Aarie if I could post these pictures, but oh well. 
It shows how tough {and handsome and athletic} he is)

No comments:

Post a Comment