Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall Festivities: Decoration!


I LOVE Fall. I have for as long as I can remember. I love the smells of cinnamon and nutmeg and pumpkin spice. I love eating things that have those spices in them. I love watching football and going to games. I love the colors and the festivities. I love the crisp air and the cute clothes that go along with the season (granted, that was never applicable growing up in Florida). 

What I love, I LOVE. (and what I do not love, I DO NOT LOVE) 
To quote Cam on Modern Family, "I can't turn it down, its who I am!"

I've always loved festive decorations to go along with my season but have never had too many because I figured my money was needed elsewhere till I settle down and we have a real income. But now that Easton is here, I've decided to start now. 

Make my own decorations. Buy them from Hobby Lobby when the go on sale. Buy them after the holiday when they're on super sale and save them for next year. So here are a couple of things that I have made, bought, or had from previous years to bring the festive fall spirit into our home.




I bought the decoration below at Hobby Lobby... then came home and stared at it and realized... "Isn't caramel spelled wrong?" The hunter nutcracker my mom gave to Blaine a couple years ago :)



Me and Alivia found this cute sparkly halloween fabric on sale when I was in Florida, so we hemmed the edges and made it into a tablecloth.


I'm a little disappointed because these wooden blocks could have been so cute! A girl in my ward (who LOVES Halloween) hosted a craft night for us all to make these cute rustic pumpkins. Some girls' turned out wonderfully, but I rushed through mine and wasn't entirely into it since I was in pain and couldn't move very well as a result of an infection in my leg. Hours after the craft night I went to the ER, so I guess it's a good excuse. I'll re-do them next year.


Then in Florida, we did a trial run of the picture that goes around Pinterest of the baby in the pumpkin. Had to try it--and it wasn't so bad. But I definitely want to try again.


Easton is a good sport. A very happy, pretty mellow baby :)
(He was not harmed in the taking of these photos)

"Um... what's going on?"

I'm so excited to dress Easton up and take him out to festive fall things as much as possible in the next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment