On Saturday night we took Easton to Storybook Forest out at the lake. We met a couple other families from our ward there and walked through the forest filled with Rapunzel, the 3 little pigs, little red riding hood, and other storybook settings and characters.
My favorite part was going on the hayride by the lake at sunset.
The parents were free but we had to pay for Easton, so we made him hold his own ticket!
You know he is being an elephant for Halloween, but it was SO HOT that we decided to just be Buzz for the evening.
I'm usually the one thats really into festive activities, but having Easton has opened that door for Blaine and he now loves festive activities...
as long as Easton is there and he gets to hold him the whole time.
Rapunzel would drop treats down into the kids' bags
Of course we ran into Little Red Riding Hood in the woods.
Knocking on the little pigs' door
Flexing before pulling the sword out of the stone
We walked down to the water afterwards and the sunset was reflecting off the water
The inside of our house has been decorated for a while, but a couple nights ago Easton helped me get our orange lights on outside. He looks so cute with his little pumpkin, but we'll have to take a picture when he's in his halloween jammies :)
I brought these home and Blaine said, "I wish there was like some weird shaped pumpkin for Jake"
We're all ready for trick-or-treaters at our house!
Then last night was Trunk or Treat at our church. I didn't get a good picture, but we turned the truck into a "monster" truck. We're going to set it up again in our driveway on Halloween night.
Since Easton was rocking the elephant costume, Blaine and I had to come up with stuff to match. So we became a jungle/safari family: elephant, cheetah, and hunter.
As Blaine was getting dressed and tying up his boots with high socks and strapping his knife to his belt he said, "I hope people know that this is my costume and I don't really dress like this." :)
A cute family of boys in our ward was the Utah State football team and their dad was the coach. It was SO cute and funny, but the real purpose of this picture is the sky. Look at that purple beauty. Completely unedited. I wish I would've gotten a nicer picture of just that.
Can you tell that Blaine is utterly in love with his son?
Wish I would've got a close up of my make up! I had to be sure that it was distinctly cheetah/leopard and NOT cat. (I do not appreciate cats)
Easty was pooped by the end but it was fun to dress up together!!




















No comments:
Post a Comment