Monday, December 14, 2015

Sooners Football Game Date Night


Thanks to my dad's job, I grew up going to college football games every week of football season. 
It's really hard to be a regular person now. You have to think about where to park and how much to pay to park and tickets alone are way more expensive at Oklahoma than they were at BYU.
Our first year here we went to one game. Then last year we went to zero since Easton was a brand new baby. So this year we went to one game, as well. But it was a good one--TCU @ OU with a close finish. Plus we had fireworks and the Sooner Schooner after every score---I swear that wagon is my favorite thing. The guy that drives it even proposed to his girlfriend in it during halftime!!




Don't mind my blanket skirt in the picture. It was pretty cold and I guess the girl we asked to take a picture couldn't be inconvenienced to try very hard. 

When other people ask ME to take their pictures, I make sure they're frame worthy! In the words of Cam from Modern Family, "Some people make home videos, I pride myself in making home films."




Someone made fun of me for bringing a blanket to the game but when I came back from the bathroom, this is what I saw :)    (...Blaine, wrapped up in my blanket)


But I was warm the whole game while others were a little chilly.
Blaine DID treat me to a hot chocolate, though. 

Huge, sold out crowd in a nice big stadium


The marching band stood in our aisle during part of the 4th quarter.
I love marching bands. They just give me a sentimental feeling of football season.

People started leaving in the beginning of the 4th quarter because they thought we had secured our lead. When we were all packed in, we were pretty warm. But once we had a bunch of space around us then it got a little colder. But that also meant I was able to sit in front of Blaine and lean back on his legs. Even though we weren't in the student section, EVERYONE stands during play and sits during time outs. EVERYONE. Very festive. Kills my back and feet, but I love it.


We bought our tickets in September and this game was the Saturday before Thanksgiving. But the closer it got, we had a harder and harder time of finding someone to watch Easton. We decided to just bundle him up and bring him, but then found out he needed his own ticket. (SERIOUSLY?!) And tickets are super expensive. So I figured we just couldn't go and tried to sell them online, but once people saw that, several offered to babysit. So we were SO grateful to be able to leave Easton with some of our friends. They have a toddler and a baby, but once they went to bed, Easton stayed up and watched football with our friends. Not even tired. He waited up for us :)

Hahaha watching Tarzan. Look at his face. It's his FAVORITE movie!




No comments:

Post a Comment