Blaine and I (and a lot of women of all ages) went to go see some 90's boy bands, complete with synchronized dance moves and dancing with microphone stands. I saw that they were coming to OKC a couple months ago when I was living in Provo, but I didn't push it too much because New Kids on the Block was the headliner and I know probably two of their songs, so it wasn't worth the money.
But then I found someone here who couldn't go anymore and was selling her tickets for half price! So I couldn't resist that deal ;) We were on the top row (where we usually are at a concert) but the arena didn't seem to be that big to me, and the stage was in the center of the court, instead of the back. So I could actually see pretty well, but it was the hearing that was the problem.
I have reasons to believe that everyone skipped soundcheck. I don't know if the crowd was unusually loud and disruptive or their mics weren't very loud, but it could very well have been both.
Boys II Men came on first and they were my favorite. I knew all the words to all their songs and they were workin the crowd. When they sang "I'll Make Love to You," rose petals fell from the ceiling and they threw roses out to the crowd. Haha, I appreciated the effort.
98 Degrees was next and they were Blaine's favorite. I wish they would've stayed to the classics, but they mixed in a couple new ones for their big come back. At one point they said it was getting really hot in there, so they all got in their wife beaters and grabbed 4 girls from the audience (and by girls, I mean 30-50 year old moms) and sang to them. Haha one lady was holding her phone on her lap and taking pictures while they were right in front of her, holding her hand, and on bended knee. It was pretty funny.
Then New Kids on the Block came out, and as the headliners, they had all the pyrotechnics. The stage went up and down and spun and everything. We stayed for probably half of their set, but the music wasn't very good and they just kept going on and on and on about how they still got it after 25 years. I told my dad that they were bugging me because they were acting like they were so sexy even though they're like 50 years old, and he was like, "What do you mean? Are you saying 50 year olds can't be sexy?"
Hahaha, silly dad. There was one NKOTB guy that must've worked really really hard on his abs, because anytime he had a solo or some camera time, all he would do is lift up his shirt and rub his 6-pack. So between that and the distorted, unfamiliar music, Blaine and I decided to jet out a little early. We were already downtown in Bricktown, so we walked around a little and got some food. There was a couple street preachers passing out flyers and talking to groups of people. Oh, and there were a lot of bike riders with those carriages attached to their bikes that people were hiring to take them back to their cars and stuff.
| Chips and Queso at Fuzzys. Not quite as amazing as Moe's |
After we ate, we thought about seeing a movie at the theatre next door, but decided not to. So we headed home and were there within 10 minutes, avoiding all the traffic since we don't have to take the freeway to get home. All in all, it was a good night together :) Blaine said that country music is still is favorite, and we decided that Rascal Flatts or Luke Bryan will be our next concert--whoever comes first ;) Toby Keith, a fellow Oklahoma resident, along with a bunch of other country singers are doing a benefit concert for those affected by the tornadoes, which sold out in about a day. But Wicked is coming in September...?!?!?! ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment