On Saturday we decided to go to the OKC temple (technically in Yukon, OK). So we drove 25 minutes and got there to find out that it was closing. They close around 4 on Saturdays apparently, which is a lot different from our Provo and other Utah temples. But at least we found out where it was. It was VERY small and one of those that shares a parking lot with the stake center.
Then we saw this on the way home: I think you have to be 51% Native American to work out here ;)
Anyways, Sunday afternoon we drove around Nichols Hills to just explore some neighborhoods around OKC. Blaine's friend at church told us that Nichols Hills was nice-- and it was. There are lots of trees and grassy areas around here, which I didn't expect for Oklahoma. But it's really pretty. Each house had a TON of land - huge front lawns and backyards, lots of trees, which made it hard to take pictures. I took a couple to give you an idea of what it looks like but it DOES NOT do it justice. Lots of brick, lots of triangular, European features. Just come visit. Its so much better in person. They are beautiful neighborhoods that Blaine and I think we could live in. Just keeping our options open :)


No comments:
Post a Comment