Going in reverse a little bit, but oh well.
Yesterday was Blaine's orientation, but seemed like a real school day since he was gone 8-5. Look at how handsome he is next to his friend Harvey (the elk). Harvey watches over and protects us in our new home.
It turned out to be a pretty busy day. Once he got home from school, he went to go pick up the missionaries for dinner while I finished getting our hawaiian haystacks. Both these elders were from Utah and said that they hadn't had hawaiian haystacks since they were home. We had a nice, laid back conversation and then they asked us if we would come to their 2 appointments after dinner. The first person cancelled, so we went to the second appointment a little early, but before we left, one of the elders offered to say a prayer and asked that I would have help finding a job that was good for me and my current situation, since we had just mentioned that I didn't have a job but was needing to get one.
Anyways, the guy we visited was an older man with a nice Oklahoma country accent, and at the end his wife came home and joined him. He, like the rest of Oklahoma, is very friendly and very spiritual and open about religion. It turned out that he taught school and coached girls basketball for like 40 years, so he told me about a very helpful website that lists all the coaching and subsequent teaching jobs in the state. Then he got my info and I got his.
He was pretty long winded, but the message went fine and Blaine even got to play missionary again for a little bit. The missionaries set up a return appointment and then we took them back to their apartment. On the way home, one of them was so excited and said "I think that was an answer to our prayer to you trying to find a job!" It was sweet and a good reminder, since Blaine and I hadn't even really recognized the connection. So then Blaine spent the rest of the drive home saying "I wish I could be a missionary again." :)
We didn't get home until about 9, so I felt bad but Blaine was a good sport about having a busy first day and a busy night. Next week we're having the other set of elders from our ward over.
No comments:
Post a Comment