The boys in Fantasyland :) They were both wearing Oklahoma gear and a bunch of people kept saying "Boomer Sooner" to them :)
Alivia was happy because no one will ever ride the spinning teacups with her.
We got stuck on Buzz Lightyear for a while. Turns out that the riders before us left their purse in mine and Alivia's seats and it got snagged underneath and was messing up the ride. No wonder ours wouldn't turn!
Aaron and Abbie rode a lot of the rides together, and so we were talking about it. Then Aaron put his arm around Abbie and said very loudly to the crowd of people, "We're Together!! She's with me!"
Whoever gets to marry that flirty little lover will be very lucky.
Abigail and I look exactly the same. Look at our face. Look at our mouth.
Alivia was quite the trip photographer, since Mom, Dad, and Austin couldn't make it.
(Or Alexis and Craig)
One of the new things is the Tangled tower... Bad news is its just a bathroom. I could have made that into such a cute ride. Seriously. I have lots of great ideas. Disney needs to talk to me.
They did have the lights outside the tower though. Don't get me wrong, its a pretty decoration. I just wanted more.
This is Ariel's castle. Its not the most exciting ride, but I was definitely excited to go on it. This is another new addition, and The Little Mermaid was always my favorite movie when I was younger. That is also what inspired me to become a great singer. When I was just like 2, I would be in my carseat and my mom would watch me in the rearview mirror singing just like Ariel -
ahh, ahh, ahh... ahh, ahh, ahh...
Sitting inside the seashell on the Ariel ride
This is us on Space Mountain. Definitely one of our family faves. Alivia even rode in the front seat because she wanted to. I realized this trip that she likes to be a little daredevil. When the workers say, "Everyone behind the line," she purposefully put her foot ON the line!
Blaine destroyed that turkey leg
That was another new thing. They took away Toon Town and did this Circus thing. That was definitely a lateral move. I didn't like Toon Town and I don't like the Circus. (Again, Disney needs my ideas) They moved Dumbo from Fantasyland into this Circus deal and made 2 identical dumbo rides side by side.
See that bracelet I'm wearing. Thats because Aaron told me we were going steady. And then he took it away and said he had met someone else ;)
Main Street, U.S.A.
SpectroMagic Parade = epic fail. I used to go to Disney all the time with my friend Heather, and we loved the SpectroMagic Parade... but this was NOT it.
Pineapple Floats in Adventureland, right before Jungle Cruise. Classic ;)
(well, me and Abbie got the floats)
It was a great trip overall. Everyone shared in the carrying of the backpack duty, we had our snacks, and got to ride all the rides we wanted (many not shown here).
I still want to go back and experience the old school Disney vacation, though - where we stay in a Disney Resort Hotel and go to a couple parks over a couple days and hit up Downtown Disney and all that. Maybe we'll plan a big family trip like that to celebrate the arrival of the first grandchild. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Oh wait, there was one more memorable event from that special day. We were driving home (which takes about an hour or so) and Abbie, Aaron, and Alivia were watching Cinderella and falling asleep in the backseat. I wasn't feeling very well - just a long day and plus, I have also been hypersensitive to motion sickness lately (if you remember that magical flight from OKC to LAX last month... I certainly do.)
So anyways, all of a sudden I know it's coming, so I reach for the only thing I have at my disposal: a poncho from the dollar store. I throw up in the poncho and hold the head whole closed. I forgot, however, about the 2 arm holes. So I finally get done throwing up white cheddar cheetos and feel it start to drip down my leg through the arm holes. Not knowing what to do, Blaine tells me to throw it out the window. So I'm hesitant to do that, but don't have any other options other than letting it all come out onto me and the car, so I roll down the window and hold out the poncho. I hesitate long enough to let the wind splatter a bunch of it onto the outside of the car and inside the car onto Aaron, sitting behind me. So I finally let go. I am not proud.
We get home, I take off all my throw up clothes, and run to the bathroom. Meanwhile, Aaron, Abbie, and Alivia run inside and tell Mom what happened and how funny it was, while Blaine was outside hosing off the car. What a sweet boy. "Poncho" is now a family joke.


















No comments:
Post a Comment