Last Tuesday, I had to go to the new teachers meeting in McLoud to sign up for direct deposit and get all the insurance and school information and forms and all that. I was a little late because I didn't know where the building was, so finally I went into the library and asked and found it immediately. This is what the outside looked like:
After that, I headed over to the school to check in on my room. This is what the outside of the school looks like. The high school and junior high are on the same plot, which is good since I'll have to be running back and forth between Pom practice 1st period at the high school, and then everything else back over at the junior high.
 |
| Should we have a tornado during school, this is where we'll go. |
And now... here it is!! My classroom, #4 :)
 |
| View from the door |
 |
| The door is to the right of that chalkboard |
 |
| View from the back of the room |
 |
| The principal got me this nice bookshelf |
 |
| the outside of my door (on the right) |
 |
| Hallway. I'm standing at the exit |
It's still early so it looks like a mess, but because I'm going out of town, I have to get my room all ready before I leave. So Monday I have another meeting with the secretary, but then after that, Blaine and I are dedicating our day to getting everything cleaned, organized, and decorated in my classroom. Thats right, Mrs. Baker's classroom - Room 4. As of now, I will be coaching the high school pom squad during 1st period, then teach leadership during 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, and then coach PE for 5th and 6th, and then free period 7. I think it'll be quite an enjoyable and pretty easy schedule... once I settle into my routine. I'm still working on my dance routines, but I feel good about my preparation for my class.
Like I said, it's a junior high elective called Leadership, but its basically like a life skills class. I get to make up my own curriculum, which has been exciting. I just hope it pans out the way I've planned. This week I have officially created my 5 units and planned them out over the calendar to determine when each unit will begin and end. Now I'm just trying to nail down individual lesson plans for each day. But I have a lot of ideas I'm excited about.
So stay tuned, and hopefully I'll have some spectacular "after" photos of my classroom on Monday. Unfortunately, I don't get a budget for my room or anything, and Blaine and I haven't gotten a paycheck in months now, so it won't be too decorated for a while. But we'll still make it look nice.
And then off to Florida on Tuesday!! And then a week later, off to California for Alexis' wedding!!
No comments:
Post a Comment