Yesterday we flew to Tampa, which meant my classroom had to be all ready by Monday. So Blaine and I spent 6 hours on Monday cleaning and organizing my classroom. First we had to move all of the current stuff out, then sweep out the floors (and big dead bugs!), and then set up all of my stuff... well my stuff, as there is not much.
Because they don't give us any money for our rooms, I had limited funds to decorate with. But at least it looks clean and nice. I found my flowers from the dollar store and made the vines and leaves out of paper at the school. Blaine made my bulletin board perfect, since he is my perfectionist :) He is also solely responsible for the cleanliness of my floors. I also brought a picture of us from home with a frame I already had, and made myself a cute little flower arrangement for under $5.
There is a lot of blank space on the walls, but as Blaine reminded me, it doesn't have to be fully decorated at the very beginning of the year. With time and money, we'll make it fabulous. You saw the before pictures, but here's the after photos:
 |
| I also found this little gem while cleaning out the math stuff. I kept it :) |
 |
| View from my desk |
 |
| That sign on top says "Be Your Best Self," which I printed out myself :) |
 |
| I also made this sign, which is my favorite feature of my room. Maybe I'll make a bigger version soon. Its at my front door to set the tone of the class :) |
 |
| This is an example of the emptiness I need to fill. I have ideas. Just no money. |
 |
Now we earned our trip to FLORIDA!! (but its gonna be a rough, rude awakening when we get back) |
No comments:
Post a Comment