Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014

I love Easter - spring time, flowers, bright colors, the Easter candy (the only candy I like), and the festive Easter feast. When Blaine and I were dating, I wanted to have a fun Easter dinner together with our roommates, so we Blaine and I bought steaks and stuff but it didn't turn out great. 

Yesterday's Easter feast, however, was a complete success. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but was it one of the best meals I have ever created and eaten? Quite possibly so, yes :)

I went all out... on food; I didn't want to spend the money on extra decorations and all that extra stuff. One day we'll be able to, but for now, its just an extra (fun, yet frivolous) expense. 

We invited 2 other dental couples over from our ward and had a fabulous time! Our menu was as follows: honey baked turkey, roasted garlic asparagus, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade rolls, deviled eggs, jell-o, and Italian soda. And carrot cake for dessert, of course. I even used the tablecloth my Grandma gave me from Greece!







One of the friends that we had over have a dog, too, so we invited him to come over for Easter as well. They had such a fun time playing together and chewing on sticks and running around the yard and staring at the neighbor girls on the other side of the fence.




Look at those cutie boys. Best friends holding hands. AND these friends are having a baby girl the week after we are having a baby boy, so they can be best friends too! Or get married :)



No comments:

Post a Comment