Last weekend I took a quick trip to Utah for a little family baby shower and got to see one of my best friends. The pictures of that night will be quite limited since I look horrible in all of them for some reason. I don't know if it was the dress or just a bad night, but they're not great.
(I started out in better shoes, but they hurt, so I switched)
The soon-to-be Great Grandma Madsen and Great Grandma Angelos
My mother-in-law even flew down from Montana
And to help me feel not to so huge, Erin put a balloon up her shirt
Thanks to my aunts for throwing it together for me
So grateful Kirsten came. Wish we lived closer and could be stay-at-home-mom friends
While I was there, I also got to see all the beautiful tulips on Temple Square in Salt Lake. And practice my photography skills...
We're missing the best sister of all though :(
The wind was HORRIBLE!!!!
While there, I also got to eat at some of my local go-to places (but not all)
Me, Charlotte, and Molly (Blaine's mom and aunt) had a mothers only luncheon at Cafe Rio, where I got my favorite pork salad.
Then Baby's Grandma Baker bought him this BYU bear named Brigham at the bookstore
The next day I got a pork burrito, courtesy of this hot babe
(Don't worry- they've taken PLENTY of pictures of me like this... and Dad)
Kneader's French Toast was also on my eating list. It was what we had catered at our wedding reception... which was at night time, yes.
And even though I didn't make it to the BYU Creamery, I did get a little taste of one of the few ice creams I like
While in Provo, I also ran into one of my childhood friends from Miami at Target
Saturday night I got to see 2 of my cousins, while Abigail had passed out on the table at Shivers
Then I got a couple hours of sleep before my flight EARLY Sunday morning. Check out my sexy jammies Alexis gave me at my shower for my cute post-delivery hospital pictures.
This was on my plane on my way over there. I texted it to Blaine with the caption: "No I'm not :("
It was a nice, very quick trip, but it was good to be home with these 2 boys
And finally, here is my flying/throwing up story that seems to accompany all my extended travels for the past year.
I managed fine on the way over from OKC to SLC. I even got delayed an extra hour in Denver, which I wasn't happy about, but I ran into some of our friends from Provo - one of Blaine's old teammates and his wife. She boarded the plane because she had a first class ticket and he and I boarded later when it was our turn. We were talking and realized that coincidentally, we were both assigned to sit in the same row, just on opposite sides of the aisle. So when we got on board, she offered to switch with me, so I got a 2nd row seat and she got to sit next to her husband. Win-Win.
On the way home, however, I had a horrible nights sleep and got to the airport at 6am. I made myself buy some overpriced food so that I had something in my stomach, but towards the end of my first flight I felt sick and knew it was that time. (This would be the time to stop reading for some of you...)
So I ran to the bathroom and threw up, and when I was done, I noticed that I had some on the inside of my shirt. (Gross, but not that surprising because these days I get crumbs down my shirt ALL the time). When I got out, there was a flight attendant waiting for me with wet paper towels for my neck and a plastic bag, should I need to use it. She must've heard me - I wasn't even that embarrassed since I've done this so much and I just thought it was nice of her.
Shortly there after, the attendants were walking through the aisle collecting trash when we hit some bad turbulence. The flight attendants even had to drop to their knees and crawl back to their seats. So all that shaking really made me feel good (nope) and so I utilized the bag she had given me. I tried to keep it quiet and only do the absolutely necessary stuff. Not only to be polite to people around me, but across the aisle from me was a 36-week pregnant girl and I was scared that if I got going that she would get going as well. We didn't have too much time left on that flight, but I did appreciate all the Utah Moms helping me. One lady on the aisle kitty corner from me offered me her water bottle and a mint and was trying to do anything to help. Then once we landed, the mom sitting behind me told her 2 boys to carry their own stuff and she carried my bag off the plane for me. I thought it was especially interesting that it was the women that were looking out for this woman. Probably because they're moms and so they've been there, or they're just more considerate of people.
Once I got off the plane in Denver I called my mom and started crying as I told her of my latest flight debacle. It wasn't THAT big of a deal, but I didn't feel well and I always cry when I talk about people helping me in my time of need. And I'm pregnant. Anyways, she told me to go buy a new shirt and lay down. So instead of buying a cheesy Colorado tourist shirt for less money, I bought myself a Denver Broncos shirt and changed in the bathroom. If only they had had a Peyton Manning shirt ;)
I finally flew home to Blaine and Jake, but they lost my bag. So I sat in the car with Jake while Blaine handled that. Then I hurried and showered and we made it to church in time to teach our 4-5 year old class. And the airline ended up bringing my bag out on the next flight and delivered it to my house later that night.
























No comments:
Post a Comment