At 20 weeks we got to have a 4-D ultrasound to check up on his little body and organs and see if our sweet babe is a boy or a girl - and, of course, he's a boy! We were worried that it wouldn't be covered by our insurance, but luckily it was! So we were able to go in for our 30 week appointment to better see his face and let me tell you- he is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen! We just love him so much already! He has little chubby cheeks and kept opening his mouth and making kissy face (NOT duck faces). He's so excited to kiss his mama.
30 Weeks
Compare that full face to this 4-D ultrasound at 20 weeks:
He's growing and developing and filling out wonderfully! I have been SOOO hungry for the past couple of weeks. I wake up around 6:45am and am pretty much starving everyday from 9:30am - 5:30pm. And I'm tired. SOOO tired. But its hard for me to get comfortable. Sitting on the plane was torture. (Yes, I brought my lumbar support pillow and everything) I haven't had those killer leg cramps in the night in a long time, but I have had times where I can't sleep because my back hurts and my legs can't hold still. I've always been that way with my restless legs, but I've noticed it's gotten worse lately.
Blaine is officially done with his first year of Dental School as of last Wednesday, but I have another week and a half. This whole last week, though, I've gone out to eat for lunch because I cannot stand snack food. I want a meal, and I want it ready for me. I do not want to have to make anything.
This has driven Blaine up a wall all school year. I do stand by my excuses, though. I admit that at first I was just too busy with planning my lessons and commuting and staying late for pom practices and football and basketball games = completely legitimate excuse. But now I could make time for it, but I just do not have the will power. I want to eat, not cook!
Now it might sound great to eat out everyday for lunch, but its not as great as you may think. First of all, its a financial strain. But second of all, I work in McLoud... which means my options are Sonic, Subway, or two local diners. Literally. So I have alternated between Subway sandwiches and omelets or egg sandwiches from the diner that serves breakfast all day long. But man do I wish I could run to Outback or even Panera or something.
Anyways, here are some more pictures of our son :)
look at him all curled up, resting on his hand
Compare that full face to this 4-D ultrasound at 20 weeks:
He's growing and developing and filling out wonderfully! I have been SOOO hungry for the past couple of weeks. I wake up around 6:45am and am pretty much starving everyday from 9:30am - 5:30pm. And I'm tired. SOOO tired. But its hard for me to get comfortable. Sitting on the plane was torture. (Yes, I brought my lumbar support pillow and everything) I haven't had those killer leg cramps in the night in a long time, but I have had times where I can't sleep because my back hurts and my legs can't hold still. I've always been that way with my restless legs, but I've noticed it's gotten worse lately.
Blaine is officially done with his first year of Dental School as of last Wednesday, but I have another week and a half. This whole last week, though, I've gone out to eat for lunch because I cannot stand snack food. I want a meal, and I want it ready for me. I do not want to have to make anything.
This has driven Blaine up a wall all school year. I do stand by my excuses, though. I admit that at first I was just too busy with planning my lessons and commuting and staying late for pom practices and football and basketball games = completely legitimate excuse. But now I could make time for it, but I just do not have the will power. I want to eat, not cook!
Now it might sound great to eat out everyday for lunch, but its not as great as you may think. First of all, its a financial strain. But second of all, I work in McLoud... which means my options are Sonic, Subway, or two local diners. Literally. So I have alternated between Subway sandwiches and omelets or egg sandwiches from the diner that serves breakfast all day long. But man do I wish I could run to Outback or even Panera or something.
Anyways, here are some more pictures of our son :)
look at him all curled up, resting on his hand
He was kicking a lot during the ultrasound. He must have known we were watching him. We were able to take a video of him moving and opening his mouth, but I don't know how to upload it. He's currently 3 pounds, 10 ounces. They predict that he'll be around 8 pounds.
I ordered a couple of things for him and his room this week. One thing in particular that is the most expensive purchase we've ever made... besides an engagement ring, house, and cars, that is. Blaine says that its my Mother's Day gift and my Teacher Appreciation Week gift.
Can't wait till they arrive and I can show them off :)
And last night was our first birthing class with "Nurse Allison." She's funny - we like her because she can predict every possible response to all these situations. Its 2 hours a week for 4 weeks. Our friends are having a baby girl 11 days after us and so they're in our class, too, which is fun. And then we celebrated our first finished class with some Five Guys on the way home.







No comments:
Post a Comment