Today was the last day of school for the kids at McLoud. The teachers still have another day and a half, but it is still an early start to summer compared to a lot of other schools around the country. I was actually a little sad knowing that it was ending today. It didn't really sink in until 7th hour--when everyone goes crazy and just waits for the bell to ring. The 8th graders even got a "clap out" where they walk down the hall and out the door a couple minutes early while the teachers and 7th graders line the hallway and clap.
Even though I am SOOOOO excited to be a "stay-at-home-mom/trophy wife" it was sad. Also, I have been busy at work during my entire married life. Even through the summers! I don't remember what not working feels like. I've started thinking of some projects to work on to be productive and have fun with. I haven't had time for much of anything this year while I've been working. Blaine teases that this is my retirement since I won't go back to teaching until my youngest baby is in school.
But I was blessed with a great experience and great people to work around. Who knows? Maybe this was a reason I didn't have a baby until now. This year did have it's share of hard times though. Remember my morning routine of throwing up on the side of the freeway? 2 hours of each day was my commute, plus I was the head coach of the pom team, assistant coach of the basketball team, taught my class, and was in charge of Red Ribbon Week and the Food Drive. What a resume booster in just one year. I will miss many of my students and colleagues, because they were nice, good people. They even threw me a little baby shower yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't have my phone so I didn't take any pictures, but one of the other teachers sent these to me. We had cake, a delicious blue punch, and a diaper cake built by one of my best teacher friends. I was impressed! I'd seen them on Pinterest so it was so fun to see one in person and for it to be mine! (You'll have to look for it in the pictures)
look at how the bags match my dress :)
Don't know why my face looks like that...
PS - I don't know how I look to other people, but I am never shocked by my appearance until I see myself in pictures. I saw some of these and I was like... "WOW!!!"
Also, it came up somehow along the course of the year, but I told my students about how I was an extra in High School Musical 3 and One Tree Hill, so I told them I'd show them at the end of the year. Many of you might not know that as well.
One Tree Hill was mine and Alexis' favorite show when I was in high school. So one Spring Break, our family took a road trip from Boca to Wilmington, North Carolina and spent 2 days as extras on the set. It was exciting and we got to talk to the cast (who complimented Alexis' skirt and my necklace). We also toured Duke and UNC while we were there. I really liked it and tell Blaine that it could be a serious contender in our list of "settled down" locations since it has hills and lots of greenery but also the ocean.
As with all Disney Channel movies, HSM3 was filmed in Utah. So the summer that they were filming it, Alexis and I got to be extras in that as well. It was a lot of fun. And my students (and students not in my class) were pretty excited about it, too.





No comments:
Post a Comment