It was a pretty drive, though. And I didn't even throw up! Blaine had been to Arkansas once already when he went to Nationals during his sophomore year, but I had never been. It was really green!
It was a fun couple of days and it was especially great to see everyone and to be around the track scene again. We've missed it. Especially Blaine, I think. Unfortunately we didn't get pictures with everyone we wanted to, but we're glad we went.
Blaine and Juhani - his javelin coach. He saw us walk in and immediately came to say hi! :)
Javelin was Thursday evening, so that was the first event we saw. I only had my phone so I tried to get a picture of Blaine's brother Kyle and Blaine's friend Keith, but it didn't work out so well.
It was rainy off and on, which meant extra muggy, but it was fun.
Friday morning, Blaine went to lift with some of his old coaches and friends at the University of Arkansas, so Jake and I explored a little park right next to the track and basketball arena. Again, it was very green and pretty. It had gazebos and bridges and benches.
(no, Jake did not bite the hog's ear off)
Sweet puppy smelling the flowers... before eating them
After our long walk in the hot hot heat, we cooled off in the car and enjoyed some Arby's.
(no judgement)
You can see both my boys in this picture :)
These are pictures of the WOMENS weight room that they let the visiting athletes lift in. Yes, only for their women athletes, because in the SEC, they have so much money they don't know what to do with all of it. Must be nice...
look at how strong he is :)
Afterwards, all 3 of us went for a walk around the athletic facilities... mostly football
Best buds
Blaine and Jake waited outside while I explored the athletic department, which overlooks the stadium. There is a little "museum" in it as well.
My dad has a bunch of those from Miami
Jake was sitting between his legs when I came out. It was sooo cute, but by the time I got close enough to get a picture, Jake got up and came toward me.
HAAAAAATE this picture, but I realized that I'm like not even in any pictures,
so I had to prove I was there, too ;)
Indoor Practice Facility
It rained on us so Jake had to get wiped down before getting in the car
What a sweet and goofy boy
When Blaine was here for Nationals in 2009, they were supposed to throw in the evening, but there was a tornado warning, so they all had to go sit in the basketball arena at the base of that rainbow above. That was a couple months before we got married, so I wasn't there, but I remember talking to him on the phone. He was so annoyed because they had warmed up and then right before they were about to start, they all filed into the basketball arena and sat there for hours without food and water, so they didn't end up competing until midnight.
Kyle, Keith, & Blaine
And I made it into one final picture before our drive home




















No comments:
Post a Comment