Sunday, June 8, 2014

Blaine's First Week of 2nd Year

Well this week was Blaine's first week of his second year of dental school. We're a quarter of the way through! ;) This year is supposedly the hardest out of the four, but the summer semesters aren't so bad though. Most of the days are short and so he's been able to spend time with me and Jake and mow the lawn on a weekday. 

Today also marks my 35th week of pregnancy. Only 5 more!! I can't believe it. Blaine is sooooooo excited, but I'm feeling soo nervous about getting everything ready and getting him here safely and smoothly. Nothing new to report except that I feel increasingly hot and uncomfortable. I go lay in bed instead of sit on a couch, and I go stand in the back of church instead of sit in a chair surrounded by people.  

Here are some of the things we've done this week:

1. One day I met Blaine over at school for lunch at the Children's Hospital, which was pretty good.

Then we got homemade red velvet ice cream from Kaisers, a historical landmark since 1908. It still looks cute and authentic on the inside. Blaine's been with some friends a couple times after school, but every time he tried to take me, it was closed. 
During the winter months they close whenever they feel like it. 




2. I also made a craft for my baby about our special song. It was a rough draft, but I'm excited about it.


3. To welcome in summer, we grilled kabobs one night with the only foods that I wanted - chicken and pineapple. Turned out great! We even fed Jake some pineapple for the first time and it seemed like he liked it. He sucked the juice out of the core. 
(not a great picture, but better than no picture)

4. We went to the temple Saturday morning. I was scared I'd have to go to the bathroom and have to hold it forever, but I was safe ;) And there was a wedding that day too
It's small and shares a parking lot with a stake center

5. Saturday afternoon we took Jake to a lake about 10 minutes away from our house. He LOVES to swim and it really tires him out. Blaine even hopped in with him.

Lots of red rocks and red sand in Oklahoma, but it was no Lake Powell

We saw a couple catfish carcasses

He's becoming a better swimmer. He'd flap his paws way out of the water on the way to the stick, but on the way back to shore, he'd paddle under water, which was a lot better.








We saw a bunny on the trail back to the truck and Jake wanted to chase it

Then I drove home while the wet boys had to sit on towels in the back




No comments:

Post a Comment