Like I've mentioned, my most common pregnancy symptoms of the last couple weeks
(and presumably 5 more) are being super hot and super uncomfortable,
but in the last 2 weeks I also had a melt down about 2 new things:
(and presumably 5 more) are being super hot and super uncomfortable,
but in the last 2 weeks I also had a melt down about 2 new things:
1. I look so huge and I don't have any clothes that fit me
2. Jake is so emotionally dependent on me and it makes me feel guilty
Luckily I happened to be FaceTiming with my mom at the point of meltdown. So of course, best mother ever went to Target with Austin after we hung up and bought me a couple of maternity clothes and sent them to me.
Last time we talked about it, our sweet baby boy was expected to be around 8 lbs. I think I was just a little under that and I think Blaine was just a little over, but I feel like I look bigger than other pregnant people... specifically in pictures. I know I am very lucky to not have gotten cankles or fat fingers or anything, though.
As for Jakey, I've been pretty worried about having two baby boys under the age of 1. Maybe because its been super hot outside lately, but he has become even more clingy... which is sweet and loving, but also drives me crazy with guilt when I need to get things done or when I want him to go run and play in the backyard. Sometimes I'll go sit out on a lawn chair on the patio with the fan and just watch him explore the yard.
I'm sure he'll be super loving and attached to his new best friend (Baby Boy), but at first I'm worried he'll have only child syndrome. We ordered our stroller today, so we'll have to take him on a couple practice walks with the stroller. Also, we've left the baby's room open so its not some forbidden place that once he gets in, he'll go crazy. He's pretty used to it and rarely sucks on the little straps sticking out that tie the bumper to the crib. And whenever we're in his room I remind him to be "soft" in the baby's room- hoping to teach him the new word of being soft and gentle. Once the baby is born and we're still in the hospital, I read that Blaine should bring a blanket home or something with the baby's scent on it to get Jake used to that as well.
I took Jake to the dog park a couple times this week. One time there was a bunch of boys there in baseball uniforms (probably 8-12 years old). They loved Jake and would try to get his attention to play fetch with him. They would throw a frisbee and then Jake would run to go get it and bring it back, but not give it to them. So then the boys would chase Jake and he LOVED it. Once he thought they lost interest in the chase, he would drop the frisbee and the game would start all over again. And he played really well with them.
Then another day we went and there was a mom and her 3 daughters - probably 9, 11, and 13 and they loved Jake as well. (One of them kept calling him "Jacob" though, so he didn't pay attention to her. I thought it was hilarious!) But they would wrap their arms around his neck and hug him and play with him and let him chase them and he was so great. Jake LOVES kids and he loves people, but we're trying to teach him to not jump on them. When he gets really excited, he jumps up, which isn't an attack, but is still not very safe. It also is a problem because he takes stuff off the counter-- for example, today alone he stole the block of cheese and a raw chicken breast!!! (Both of which we got back, but still--wasted) I gave him a little bit of my homemade sweet potato fries last night though and he was addicted. But anyways, back to my baby-
HE IS ALMOST HERE!!! His due date is July 13th and tomorrow I will be 36 weeks!
His crib is up.
We have some diapers and wipes.
My rocker will arrive on Tuesday.
His carseat and stroller will arrive in a week or two.
I've started to slowly put together some items for our hospital bag.
I have a whole list of other things we need to get before he comes. And a whole list of things that need to be done before he gets here-- like deep cleaning the carpets and couches. (Any volunteers?) So all of that is worrisome, but exciting :)
I'm sure he'll be super loving and attached to his new best friend (Baby Boy), but at first I'm worried he'll have only child syndrome. We ordered our stroller today, so we'll have to take him on a couple practice walks with the stroller. Also, we've left the baby's room open so its not some forbidden place that once he gets in, he'll go crazy. He's pretty used to it and rarely sucks on the little straps sticking out that tie the bumper to the crib. And whenever we're in his room I remind him to be "soft" in the baby's room- hoping to teach him the new word of being soft and gentle. Once the baby is born and we're still in the hospital, I read that Blaine should bring a blanket home or something with the baby's scent on it to get Jake used to that as well.
I took Jake to the dog park a couple times this week. One time there was a bunch of boys there in baseball uniforms (probably 8-12 years old). They loved Jake and would try to get his attention to play fetch with him. They would throw a frisbee and then Jake would run to go get it and bring it back, but not give it to them. So then the boys would chase Jake and he LOVED it. Once he thought they lost interest in the chase, he would drop the frisbee and the game would start all over again. And he played really well with them.
Then another day we went and there was a mom and her 3 daughters - probably 9, 11, and 13 and they loved Jake as well. (One of them kept calling him "Jacob" though, so he didn't pay attention to her. I thought it was hilarious!) But they would wrap their arms around his neck and hug him and play with him and let him chase them and he was so great. Jake LOVES kids and he loves people, but we're trying to teach him to not jump on them. When he gets really excited, he jumps up, which isn't an attack, but is still not very safe. It also is a problem because he takes stuff off the counter-- for example, today alone he stole the block of cheese and a raw chicken breast!!! (Both of which we got back, but still--wasted) I gave him a little bit of my homemade sweet potato fries last night though and he was addicted. But anyways, back to my baby-
HE IS ALMOST HERE!!! His due date is July 13th and tomorrow I will be 36 weeks!
His crib is up.
We have some diapers and wipes.
My rocker will arrive on Tuesday.
His carseat and stroller will arrive in a week or two.
I've started to slowly put together some items for our hospital bag.
I have a whole list of other things we need to get before he comes. And a whole list of things that need to be done before he gets here-- like deep cleaning the carpets and couches. (Any volunteers?) So all of that is worrisome, but exciting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment