Wednesday, March 18, 2015

First Zoo Day

With the nice spring weather settling in, we decided to take Easton to the zoo for the first time!
(However, I've recently discovered I'm almost too sensitive to go to the zoo because all animals remind me of Jake and I feel like they're all depressed and want to be home in the wild with their families... but anyways)

We had a lot of fun pointing out all the animals to him, especially the ones that we've seen a lot in our books. On the car ride over, he was very vocal and active and then we got to the zoo and he slipped into 100% observation mode--no smiling, no playing, just taking everything in. I'd say he definitely gets his observation skills from his dad.
^^ flamingos
 ^^ giraffes 
 ^^ grizzly bear - looks like theres no glass between them, but there is ;)

 ^^ look at the sweet little baby elephant! And the big elephants kept making their elephant noises, which was the first time I've ever heard that in person and not in a Disney cartoon movie

 
It was a pretty exhausting day... Sure he was held and pushed in the stroller, but taking everything in was mentally draining, I'm sure. But we got a family pass for the year, so come visit us! 
And the day we went, the passes happened to be $5 off, so to celebrate our first family zoo day, we used that extra $5 for a photo booth souvenir!

^^ Hahahaha our enthusiasm is overwhelming ^^




No comments:

Post a Comment