Monday, July 1, 2013

Alayna - A Working Woman

So here is a follow up on the job interview from about 10 days ago. It has a job at McLoud Junior High School teaching a class called Leadership, and coaching jr. high fast pitch softball, slow pitch softball, basketball, and high school pom squad. So after discussing it and taking the weekend to think about it, I called the Athletic Director last Monday and said it was just too big of a time commitment for me right now, since the school is 40 minutes away, that would be a lot of after school games, and it's Blaine's first year of Dental School.

Then the next day (last Tuesday), the Superintendent called and asked me how hard of a "no" it was. It turns out that he's in the bishopric of another ward in a little country town nearby. So we kind of made a connection over that and he got me re-interested in the job because he said he could take away the softball coaching responsibilities, which would free up a lot of after school time. And he kept reiterating that I "would have a very understanding boss."

So I thought about it for a week and called the Athletic Director back this morning and told him I would accept. It will be good money, insurance for both me and Blaine, good experience, and fun! Now I need to work out all the formalities, get my CDL bus driving license, change my teaching license to Oklahoma, and start choreographing some routines. Can't wait to get my sparkle studded "Coach Baker" hoodie with the school logo on the back ;) Go Redskins! In the fall, Blaine won't have school on Fridays, so he's going to sleep in and study on Fridays and then come to all the home and away football games with me on Friday nights. I'll have some early mornings, but it will work out. I think it will be a memorable year.




No comments:

Post a Comment