Monday, July 29, 2013

Back in OKC

Last week: I got back from Oregon a week ago and I realized that the summer is gone! Where did it go?! Last week I wasn't feeling well so I didn't do much too of anything. On Thursday had some friends over for dinner and I made chicken lasagna and killer brownies, so that made it a doubley awesome day. And they have a cute little girl named Elena, which is fun too. We call her "baby Elena" and me "regular sized Alayna," since "big Alayna" was not the most flattering nickname. Then a couple days later we went to their house for a game night with some other couples from our ward. Then Sunday we had the missionaries over for dinner. On Saturday I went to the store to get some ingredients and decided to make carrot cake for dessert with the missionaries because it sounded SO GOOD. But then I made it on Sunday and I told Blaine, "Carrot cake doesn't sound good anymore. I wish I would've made something else." But as he was leaving to pick them up, he said, "Well maybe the missionaries wanted you to." So we eat dinner and I tell them we have carrot cake for dessert, and the new missionary in our ward said, "Carrot cake is my favorite!!" So that made me feel good. But apparently his mom makes wedding cakes, so I'm sure it was not as good or fancy as that.


This week: Today was Blaine's official last day of the summer term! It seemed to fly by to me, but I'm sure it felt a lot longer to him. The rest of the week he'll just be studying for his last test on Friday. He got As on his other 2 tests, so we'll so how it goes. As for me, I'm going to my school tomorrow for a little orientation with the secretary and payroll clerk and stuff. So tomorrow and for this next week I am going to be setting up my classroom and organizing and decorating. Woot-woot! Go Redskins ;)

On the subject of school, the AD called me last week and said that the board denied me as a coach because of my lack of head coaching experience. (Its only jr. high basketball, not head high school basketball. And they had no objections to my lack of pom experience (funny enough), but it was kind of a package deal I guess. He said it was just political and sometimes personal feelings amongst board and faculty members play a role and take it out like this) So the AD doesn't agree with it and he's trying to get it overturned, but if he can't, then I'll be teaching PE for 3 periods. So that'd be fun and easy and maybe even allow me to get some exercise in before my work day is through :)

I know these posts are kind of boring without a picture, but I don't really have any in relation to this past week. But right before I left for Oregon, we bought a new rug for our living room and we love it. This is what it looks like :)


No comments:

Post a Comment