| This was a re-enactment of a picture at Ford Field in 2008 |
| Thats one of her nicknames that her older siblings have forced upon her |
| Here is MOST of our group. Still missing a couple people |
![]() |
| Pom Coach!! ;) |
Then we headed over to Hayward Field, which is a pretty famous Track and Field venue. In fact, the 2010 NCAA National Championship meet was held here when Blaine threw the javelin and became an All-American. Except when I was here last, it was cold and rainy most of the time.
![]() |
| Thats where I sat to cheer on my man, huddled under a blanket with some other throwers and their wives. |
![]() |
| Grandpa and Grandma |
Our last stop was Autzen Stadium. We got to see the indoor practice facility and the training room and let me tell you... those Oregon football players are spoiled! It looked more like a relaxing spa.
And then finally out to the field. There was another couple looking in the indoor practice facility when our big group came in, so they tried to blend into our family group so they could get the special tour.
| Grandpa and Grandma and their 4 kids |
Then we had a picnic lunch in the park by the hotel and moved on to phase 2 of the day. We went to a little camp run by the church. It had ziplines, canoes, ropes course, archery, and volleyball net. Oh! And a hayride :)
I don't have many pictures because my phone died pretty early on, but it was fun. My brothers rode with me for the 45 minute journey, but they were asleep 5 minutes into the trip.
Funny story about Alivia, but no picture :( We bunch of us were over at the archery station and Alivia, the youngest grandchild, was shooting the bow and arrow pretty well all on her own. And it was her first time! So Dad was saying stuff like, "Wow, Liv. Look at that. You're a master. You just may be our family's shot at the Olympics." Then he started joking about how if you give them too much praise, kids will just ignore you and it won't mean anything.... Or something like that. I can't remember the specifics. Anyways, so then me and my cousin were like, "Yeah, Dad. Give her a good insult." Just as I said that, she shot an arrow that was not really on track. So Dad said, "Wow, Liv. That was horrible!" It was sooooo funny!
That night all of my siblings and I (except 1) went down to the hot tub again. We decided to play the game where we each take a turn making up one line of a story at a time. You probably had to be there, but it was one of the funniest lines of the trip. Long story short, Austin started a story about a girl that was so beautiful that she couldn't even see it (how beautiful she was). Then a couple people later, Abbie starts talking about her reading a Braille book. Funny!!!
While we're on the subject of funny stories - After the hot tub, I was getting out of the shower and I called to Alivia a bunch of times and she didn't answer. So I was I finally said, "Abbie? Is Alivia in here?" and she responded, "I don't see her," which was apparently supposed to sound annoyed and obvious, but to me it suggested like Alivia was hiding in the room somewhere and I was supposed to play along and find her. So I come out in my towel and Abbie's laying in bed in the dark and I see something under the covers move, so I run to it and start tickling it (thinking it was Alivia) but it was actually Abbie's knee and Alivia was NOT in the room. You had to be there ;)
Last funny story since now we're talking about Abbie. Probably a little too personal, but I'm pretty sure only like 3 family members and 1 close friend read this, so oh well. Sorry Abbie ;)
Anyways, Abbie was laying in one bed and me and Alivia were sitting on the other one and I said "Poor Abbie, she's sick." And Alivia said, "No she isn't?!" So I said, "Yes she is. She's menstrating."So Alivia said, "Abbie, who are you menstrating over?"... like it had something to do with men or being boy crazy or love sick or something.
Ok, thats enough for day 2.
















No comments:
Post a Comment