![]() |
| this isn't even everyone in attendance for the extended Angelos reunion |
I forgot to mention it, but on Day 2 at the camp, we received our family books like that for just my grandparents and their descendants. That was the big project that I helped Grandma a lot with. Every family member had to write their personal history, and then theres pictures of older family reunions and family trees.
Anyways, Day 3 was filled with socializing, eating, and sports. We played kickball, basketball, jump rope, and just hung out. We also took all our big group pictures.
Then later on in the day, the extended family left and it was time for the engagement party! We have 3 engaged family members, including my sister Alexis. Since the weddings will be in Salt Lake, San Diego, and Ohio, lots of the family won't be able to be at every wedding so we had a little celebration at the reunion. It was really cute. They made Alexis a veil and the boys boutonnieres and we all kicked off the party with a toast-- complete with plastic wine goblets and sparkling apple cider. Then each of them took turns talking about how they met, how they got engaged, and answering all the family's questions.
Then it was time for our closing ceremonies. Each family took turns singing their song again since some families didn't do it the first night, but my highlight was the little surprise I prepared. I gave Grandma and Grandpa a little book filled with pictures and messages from each of their blood relatives, plus many of their "married-in" relatives. It was just filled with memories of Grandma and Grandpa over the years. Grandma teared up, so I'd say it was a success ;)
After that, we had pizza, wedding cake, and everyone just played around and resumed our activities. It was a short trip, but lots of fun family time. The next day, our whole family pretty much took up the small Eugene airport. About 20 of them flew back to Salt Lake at 12:30, then I flew to OKC at 1:30, and then my aunt and uncle flew to Denver at 2:30.
| This is my FAVORITE picture from the reunion :) |
Luckily I didn't throw up on any of my return flights, which was nice.


No comments:
Post a Comment