Saturday, October 19, 2013
Fall Break Thursday
Thursday morning started off nicely since I FINALLY got my highlights re-done. That was far overdue. And I used a Groupon, so it was cheaper and the girl did a good job. She even invited us to her Halloween party! ;) You probably think I'm joking or over-exaggerating, but people really are just so nice here. The nicest I've seen out of all the places I've lived, for sure.
For some reason, we had our game on Thursday night this week, instead of Friday. It was the farthest away of any of our away games, so we left early so we could stop to eat dinner. I picked up Blaine from school a half hour early (which his teacher wasn't thrilled about) and we drove to McLoud. (What a nice and supportive husband, huh) The bus left at 4:00 and we drove to Manford. Along the way, we ate at a sketchy Mexican Restaurant. The girls were complaining about the quality of food but I tried to encourage that it was the experience and the memory that we were after ;)
Blaine studied on the bumpy bus for the whole hour and a half trip each way. When he was getting on the bus in his scrubs, all the old people on the bus were making jokes about him being the team dentist and how we need to get him some red Redskin scrubs.
It was a cold night and I could even see my breath by the 4th quarter. (That was when I decided to just let them wear their sweatshirts) Blaine was only in his scrubs with a fleece jacket, so one of the old couples that travels with us was telling him that he needs to pack a football bag with a change of clothes. I brought a blanket, so we cuddled in that during the 3rd quarter (since we get that quarter off with the band). The girls saw us and said that we looked soooo cute and it was soooo romantic. But unfortunately, none of them took a picture of it because that would've been cute to include. Anyways, we lost the game, but we shouldn't have. We definitely work on our mental toughness and stamina, but whatever. I'm not the football coach, too. And I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but remember those new holographic pom poms I got us? Well they look even more fabulous in action!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment