We started at the Veterans Park behind the elementary school and drove by the elementary school (where the students and teachers were all out lining the street with bags for their candy). We then continued on through the main street of town, and then finished at the high school and junior high campus, where, again, the students and teachers were all outside watching and cheering. Here are some pictures of our homecoming day. It was about 87 degrees during the parade in October.
This is definitely one of the perks of small town living. Everyone is supportive and excited for the little town parade and lots of kids get to participate. I never had a parade... and if I had, I probably wouldn't have cared. So its fun to experience.
Junior High Cheer had a REAL tank. It was awesome. They're slogan was "Not All Heroes Wear Capes." I have almost all of those girls in my classes.
8th grade Football - I have a lot of these boys too. They're so fun.
Here's ours! Like the girl riding Pegasus? ;)
Hercules killing our villain: The Tecumseh Savages (the team we beat later that night)
7th grade Football - I have a bunch of these boys in my homeroom
Like the tractor pulling the High School Football boys?
Then that night was the game, but it was a blow out and our dance wasn't that great. But at least it was with the theme - Holding Out for a Hero.
Junior High combined with High School Band for Oklahoma and the National Anthem
Horrible picture of me, but one of my girls was on Homecoming Court
First game with our new pom poms and they looked AMAZING! So sparkly :)
Earlier that day, though, we had another impromptu monologue, but this time he needed other students to act with him and lots of them were actually willing and excited to participate and did surprisingly well. The boy in the glasses is definitely one of my favorites and reminds me a lot of my brother Aaron.
I love it when they ask if they can do this sort of thing. Its fun to watch them get into it and its a nice break for all of us to enjoy.




No comments:
Post a Comment