Yesterday was Blaine's fall break. Yep, one day. A Friday. Which means that the ONLY class on Friday (that people often skip out on anyways) was cancelled, so the students could thoroughly enjoy the Red River Rivalry game (Oklahoma vs. Texas). It's played in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas every year, which is only 3 hours to the south. We really wanted to go but tickets are SUPER expensive, and Texas has really stunk it up this year, so we used that money to buy a puppy and decided we would just go another year before we leave. Whenever I do go, I'd like it to be a close game and an OU win. So now we're watching it on TV and it turns out that TEXAS is winning. COME ON, SOONERS!!!!
Anyways, because Blaine doesn't have any work to do this weekend, I thought I'd use this time to conduct our first 1 on 1 exclusive interview with an OU Dental Student!! So here is an update on Blaine's school. Let me know if you think of any other questions.
1. What classes are you taking?
25 Credits - Biochemistry, Physiology, Oral Radiology, Dental Morphology, Cariology, Principles of Materials Science, Community Dentistry, Communications in Dentistry, Preventative Dentistry, Ethics in Dentistry (a couple of them are not a semester long, though)
2. What has been your favorite class and why?
Morphology (the form of the tooth) - because of the waxing that I get to do.
3. What has been the hardest part of Dental School so far?
Just that it never lets up. You finish one test and you probably have 2 more later that day, and then 3 more later that week. You don't really get very many breaks. Plus, you sit in class from 8-5, and that makes you tired.
4. What has been the best part of Dental School?
Being around the same group of people everyday. You get to know them and realize that you have 55 other people suffering with you.
5. How has the transition been from BYU (a prestigious academic university) to Dental School?
At BYU, my science classes made you read the textbooks but here they provide you the information thats relevant in powerpoints and handouts. I would say, though, that its not any more difficult than BYU, just like three times as much information. In some ways it might even be easier because I've gotten older and wiser.
6. How are you liking Oklahoma?
I like it. I like the weather, I like how laid back people are.
7. Do you ever think about what other Dental Schools would've been like?
Uh, sometimes. But this is one of the better schools and I like the way things are done here.
8. Tell us something about Dental School that you were NOT expecting.
Everyone made it seem like it is SOOOOO hard, but it hasn't seemed like that to me... yet.
9. How has Alayna's job effected you?
It hasn't. Sometimes I wish she was at home so I could come home at lunch or something.
10. When OU plays BYU again, who will you cheer for?
BYU
11. Why?
I don't know
12. How have your grades been?
I've gotten As on every test, quiz, and assignment... except for one... when I got a 52%. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment